Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Too Much News

What happens when there is more news during the day than you can handle?

City:  Dallas, TX
Date:  March 13, 2013
Time:  Between 5:00pm and 5:15 pm C.D.T.
Place:  ESPN - Dallas (103.3 FM)
Program:  "Galloway and Company" (a.k.a. GAC) starring Randy Galloway and Matt Mosley.
Subject:  Baseball News ala the Texas Rangers

I am a big fan of Randy Galloway, Matt Mosley, and the rest of the GAC team.  And I'm not trying to mock anyone on the show.  What I am trying to do is show what happens when big news overshadows anything you are trying to do.

The following 'transcript' is paraphased.  I may even have the wrong pitcher listed.  It's still slightly funny.

Randy Galloway:  Anyway, the good news is that the Rangers have signed a strong submariner (i.e. left-handed pitcher) today from Argentina, Jorge Bergoglio.  Is that it (the name)?

Matt Mosley:  No, that doesn't sound right.

Randy:  (sigh) no it's a ... I thought it was Jorge.

Matt:  No ... um ... Jorge is the newly-elected Pope.  He's from Argentina.

Randy:  Yeah, that's it.  Who am I thinking of?  Lisalverto Bonilla.  They just brought Lisalverto onto the team.  He's a submariner (left-handed pitcher) I do believe.

Guys... I completely understand.

Sincerly, Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment