Monday, February 25, 2013

Cold Front: Feb 25, 2013

It's cold here.  A front is moving through North Texas today; brining snow to Northwest Texas and cold temperatures to the DFW metroplex.  Lows for the next 7 days will be in the low 30's and upper 20's.

And this is where I get grief from people up north. 
"Oh, you don't know what cold is.  Why up here it's [fill in a number]."
"Oh, this one time, we got 155 feet of snow in six minutes."

OK.  I'm not trying to claim that it's colder here.  Nor will I pay a fee to enter any kind of contest involving cold weather in this neck of the woods.

What I am saying is this:
1) No matter where you live, would you wear a jacket if the temperature was below 32 degrees Farenheit? 
2)  No matter where you live, would you wear protective gear if the wind chill were below 25 degrees Farenheit?

If you answered "Yes" to either of these questions, then -- for the love of humanity -- do not ssell off your cold-weather gear if you move here.

I was motivated to create this post by my good Friend Sandy Vogele in Cincinnati, OH.  She gave a sincere speech with the running theme: "I'm sorry, but it get's COLD in Texas".  Sandy looked directly at me whenever she said the punch line.  I think it's because I kept talking about the heat. 

You have all been warned.

No comments:

Post a Comment