The "Bleeping Bleep Report"for Hell's Kitchen (Episode 6) on April 9th, 2013.
At the end of Episode 5, Ramsay told the two weakest links on the women's team to get back in line and then kept us guessing who would be eliminated from the competition. My guess was that, since Gina had quit back in Episode 3 or 4, he was going to take this opportunity to let the group off with a pass for one week.
I was wrong. Really wrong.
Chef Ramsay said, "There's one person here who is in way over their head." And then he eliminated Jeremy. Well, Gordon made a legitimate call. Jeremy had served one of the sample dishes that had been sitting out at room temperature for over an hour. It was only a matter of time before this young man would be tossed. Good luck to you in the future Jeremy.
Last week, the bleep count was way, way down. I surmised that doing a breakfast service on very little sleep had something to do with it. And I think I was onto something because this week's bleep count is back to normal -- with five outstanding performances. Here's the raw bleep count:
Chef Gordon Ramsay: 45
Jean Phillipe Susilovic (Maitre D'): 1 (what? The Maitre D; got one in? That's a first!)
James Avery (Sous Chef for the men's team): 2
Total Bleeps: 131
That's approxiately 3.12 per minute or one bleep every 19 seconds based on a 42 minute air time.
The big surprises:
- Chef Ramsay really outdid himself. His average bleep count this year has been around 27 to 30 per episode.
- Jean Phillipe: He hardly ever gets to talk to anybody. And when he does, it's usually just advice. But when Barrett screwed up in the Dining Area, Jean just couldn't help himself.
- James Avery: The Sous Chefs on Hell's Kitchen almost never get heard. But James was more than a little disappointed with the men's team and let them know about it.
- Nedra: She has been the lead epithet hurler of all the contestants this year. But today, Nedra outdid herself. She went on two tirades today.
- Ray: He's the oldest contestant and usually assumes a laid-back demeanor. But something about Dan got under Ray's skin and he let his whistle blow.
On a side note .... I'm predicting that Anthony and Ja'nel will be among the final four contestants. They seem to do the best job staying in control (for now).
The episode ended with 4 chefs up for elimination: Mary, Nedra, Ray, and Dan. Chef Ramsay pulled a cliff-hanger again,. We don't officially know who, if anybody, will be eliminated at the beginning of next week's episode. The editiing certainly did point toward tossing all four chefs mentioned.
However, it is a cliffhanger and so we can speculate. Here's my guess ...The four chefs up for elimination can be viewed as two pairs of chefs who have trouble working as a team member of their respective kitchens. Chef Ramsay will pull a fast one and switch the chefs in question to the other team.
But I could be wrong. After all, I botched the last guess pretty badly.
See you next week. Until then, bleep off.